Windows x64 | Languages: English | File Size: 143.34 MB
Academy and Emmy Award-Winning VFX Tools.
Boris FX Silhouette 2020 is here! Silhouette is a best-in-class, GPU-accelerated compositing application, delivering the industry’s most robust non-destructive paint and roto tools to feature film and visual effects teams. Since 2005, Silhouette has made its mark on Hollywood’s biggest films including Avatar, Black Panther, Avengers: End Game, and many more.
The Artists Tool for Roto, Paint & Tracking. Silhouette 2020 goes far beyond roto and effects cleanup tasks with tools to finish the most complex VFX shots thanks to node-based compositing with integrated keying, tracking, warping, morphing, OCIO color management, and OFX support for Mocha Pro and Sapphire plug-ins. Includes 143 VFX nodes with full stereoscopic support. New! Silhouette 2020 now includes integrated Mocha planar tracking for no additional charge OR the optional Silhouette + Mocha Pro bundle.
– Integrated Mocha tracking now included at no extra charge
– New Roto tools: Magnetic splines with edge snapping, RotoOverlay previews and Weighted Keyframe creation to change the timing of shape animations
– New Paint tools: New Dodge, Burn and Detail brushes as well as a frequency (detail) separation workflow for improved retouching
– Improved Planar Tracker: Group tracking of multiple planar surfaces in addition to tracking non-planar surfaces through overlapping shapes
– New nodes DOD and Extract Detail
– New interface enhancements: Multiple Viewers, Node and Object windows; Streamlined Workspace and more
– New bundle options: Add the Mocha Pro plug-in for Silhouette for increased tracking and VFX workflows
Silhouette features the world’s most refined tools for rotoscoping teams. Create sophisticated keyframeable mattes using B-Spline, Bézier or X-Spline shapes. Intelligent design and easy-to-use tools, such as variable per-point edge softening, assist in creating articulate animations. Render mattes with realistic motion blur or export to industry-standard shape formats. Watch Intro to Roto
Highly-optimized interface, layer controls, and toolset
New magnetic spline and edge-snapping tools to create shapes fast fast
IK (Inverse Kinematics) to animate limbs and all manner of jointed creatures
Integrated point tracking, planar tracking, and Mocha planar tracking option
Stereoscopic 3D workflow
Move, scale, rotate, shear, and corner pin shapes and groups of shapes
Animation changes for one point or selected points across all keyframes
Additional 2020 roto improvements include the Freehand Selection tool to interactively control point selection, Weighted Keyframe creation to change the timing of shape animations, new RotoOverlay displays to visualize shape animation by displaying a preview of the motion path, motion blur or onion skin.
Paint is a high dynamic range non-destructive 2D paint system that handles the demands of feature film and 4K television production. Whether it’s image restoration, dust busting, matte painting, beauty work, rig removal or just plain paint, Silhouette provides the artistic tools to get the job done.
Silhouette’s core is a feature rich node-based effects tree that delivers film-grade results. View and edit any combination of nodes for complex compositing, matte manipulation, keying, color correction, grain management, look development, morphing, warping, and much more. Get Started with Node Based Compositing
Silhouette 2020 now features 145 speciality nodes organized into Color, Composite, Diffusion, Filter, Film Lab, Image, Key, Light, Silhouette, Special Effects, , Tints, Transform, and Warp. Silhouette also supports OFX plug-ins including Mocha Pro and Sapphire!
– Gestural node-based compositing
– Multiple roto and paint nodes
– Exacting color grading
– Proprietary matte generation
– Effectively composite fire, explosions, and smoke
– Edge tools to color correct or blur the composite’s edge
– Matte manipulation using shrink, grow, blur, and wrap functions
– 145 different nodes organized into Color, Composite, Diffusion, Filter, Film Lab, Image, Key, Light, Silhouette, Special Effects, , Tints, Transform, Warp and OFX groups
– Visual presets for most nodes
Silhouette’s warp and morph tools provide the highest level of creative control and render quality for digital retouching, image deformations, and even talking animals. Create invisible touch-ups, subtle facial exaggerations or dramatic transitions with either shape or pin options.
The powerful ZMatte and Power Matte nodes use proprietary matte extraction techniques that handle the most difficult keying and matting challenges, including shots with fine hair detail, smoke, or reflections.
The industry’s most powerful tracking drives Silhouette’s animation system and can be applied to speed up paint, roto, warp, and stabilization tasks. Choose from 1, 2, or 4 point tracking, native planar tracker, or award-winning Mocha tracking, now included as a standard feature in Silhouette 2020.
The Depth node contains a dedicated tool set for creating depth channels from 2D sources.
– Shapes can be assigned individual depth values
– Horizon, Ramp, Hall and Tunnel gradient depth tools
– Alpha tool that converts the alpha channel generated by other Silhouette nodes (zMatte, Power Matte, Roto, Paint, etc) into a depth map.
– Depth Preview window displays a 3D view of the depth map.Useful for visualizing the depth and placement of objects in 3D space.
– Output to stereo displays
– Windows: Windows 7 or higher on x64
– Processor: Intel or AMD processor
– Memory: 2GB of RAM (4GB or more recommended)
– Disk: High-speed disk array or SSD storage. 1GB of available disk space for caching and temporary files
– Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 460 or better
– AMD Radeon 57xx series or better
– OpenGL 2.1 capable graphics card
– OpenCL 1.1 capable graphic card
– 1GB of graphics memory for film resolution