File size: 8 MB
Alfred is an award-winning app for Mac OS X which boosts your efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and more. Search your Mac and the web, and be more productive with custom actions to control your Mac.
Search and Browse
Launch applications and find files on your Mac or on the web. Alfred learns how you use your Mac and prioritises results.
Save countless hours by using hotkeys, keywords and customising how you want to search your Mac and activity history.
Jump in and browse, preview files and take action on them without lifting your fingers off the keyboard.
Type Less, Say More
With Alfred’s Clipboard History and Snippets features, there’s no need to type the same URLs or responses over and over.
Use the Clipboard History to locate any text, image or file you copied earlier and paste it again.
Create your own snippets and type a short abbreviation to auto-expand them into a full text snippet, saving yourself hours of typing in the long run!
Extend and Automate
With Alfred’s Powerpack, use immensely powerful workflows to perform tasks more efficiently and cut down on repetitive manual tasks.
Link hotkeys, keywords and actions together to create your own workflows; There’s no need to write a single line of code to create a workflow. Import workflows from the thousands our community of creators have shared.
Control Your Music
You’re the boss. Boost your productivity by controlling your Mac using Alfred’s deep integration with OS X. Swiftly take action on files and contacts, control your music player and dispatch System commands.
Add some fun to your day; Turn your iPhone or iPad into a command centre for your Mac with Alfred Remote for iOS.
Alternatively, take a look at the many workflows for other music services like Spotify.
Control your Mac with the Powerpack’s incredible features, and enjoy workflows and themes.
Universal Build 1249, Wednesday 21th July 2021
* Brand new major feature for Alfred 4 Powerpack Users: See alfredapp.com/universal-actions for details and pretty pictures!
* Global Hotkey in macOS to action the selected Files, URLs and Text
* Set your hotkey in Alfred’s Preferences > Features > Universal Actions to get started.
* Action from within Alfred
* Use your global action hotkey, or the action shortcut combo, to action any selected result or item throughout Alfred
* Action file navigation, clipboard history, and even action actions.
* Built-in Actions
* Over 60 built-in actions, such as copying to your Clipboard, saving as a Snippet, searching the web, showing recent documents for an app or extracting URLs from a block of text
* More actions coming soon!
* Deep Workflow integration
* Create your own actions, from the simplest text transformation to the most advanced script
* String multiple actions one after the other without leaving Alfred
* Workflow Keyword and Script Filter objects are conveniently added as default actions
* For ultimate control, you can create specific Universal Action triggers where you need them within your Workflows
* New Built-in Universal Actions Getting Started workflow
* Supporting changes for new Universal Actions feature
* Respect the WebURLsWithTitlesPboardType clipboard content type when importing data from the clipboard for actioning
* If configured, correctly implement the tap action keys (e.g. fn and ctrl) throughout the action view hierarchy
* New and updated Workflow objects
* Universal Action trigger
* Add actions to Alfred’s Universal Actions panel
* Select which types of data are relevant from Files, URLs and Text
* Select whether to only show if single or multiple items are passed
* File Action trigger
* Updated multiple argument mode to match new Universal Action trigger behaviour
* Action in Alfred action
* New option to directly jump to certain actions such as Open with, Copy, Move, Email and Recent Documents
* The argument type treatment can be selected for passing through to Universal Actions
* Previously configured objects default to type "File" for backwards compatibility
* Newly created objects default to type "Automatic" for automatic detection of passed type
* Workflow object output now correctly passes through the input arguments
* A new "as type" has been added to the Action in Alfred AppleScript, allowing e.g. items to be forced to type "text". See AppleScript Dictionary for more
* New action parameter for Script Filter JSON to override arg being actioned per returned result, see JSON documentation for more information
* Recognise numpad keys as special when using Dispatch Key Combo objects in Workflows and Remote
* Add popup option on Key Combo editor to select numpad keys when using a non-full-size keyboard
* Move window hide logic to ensure results clean up always happens at the correct time
* Improve logic around mod key recognition for QuickLook, correcting issue where mod taps were sometimes ignored
* Update calculator to limit the significant digits to prevent some floating point rounding issues on Catalina and Big Sur
* Improve event handling for actions shortcut when using right arrow, preventing repeat (held) key events from performing actions
* Update internal Alfred URL parser to correctly recognise empty authority based URLs
* Migrate additional internals to use Alfred URL parser
* Fix misinterpreted alt+down shortcut combo as right arrow for actioning
* Fix layout issue and spelling in Write Text File output object config sheet
* Setting the Script Filter quicklookurl parameter to empty string or null is now correctly respected as not wanting quicklook for the specific result
* Added new ⇧⌘F Preferences shortcut which will switch to the Workflows tab and highlight the Workflow Filter field
Supported Operation Systems:
macOS 10.9 or later
Links are Interchangeable – No Password – Single Extraction